WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANT WITH MBBR PROCESS
THE MBBR CONCEPT
MBBR ( Moving Bed Bio Reactor) waste water treatment plant can be described as a confined space in which the organic digestive microorganisms get attached to specially designed plastic media called AGM ( Attached Growth Media) . The AGM Bio Media become carriers that build floating bed in the waste water. The Bio-Film grows on the bio media surface and moves along with the water inside the reactor chamber creating what we call the biomass, the efficiency of this biomass in reducing the organic load in waste water is behinde the success of MBBR system.
Once submerged inside the bioreactor, the AGM Bio Media operates as non-clogging media. No channels or dead spots like in other technologies. The movement is caused by efficient aeration, system well designed according to the effluent requirements. The AGM Bio Media optimizes growth (biomass), and provides shelter and protection for the biomass and makes the WWTP extremely robust and reliable.
AGM BİO MEDİA
The AGM Bio Media has proven to be superior to any known bio media and can handle pH variation, shock loading, temperature variations, and drastically reduce the size of a WWTP.
AGM Bio Media Can be utilized in New or Old Bio Reactors and Enhance Performance. Once the bio media is placed inside a Bio Reactor and set in proper operation, you have a compact stabile, clog-free biofilm reactor. If your goal is to build the Best WWTP possible, agreeable with your budget, then you should carefully consider the AGM Bio Media Technology and let us discuss how we can help you.
AMB Bio Media before and after submersion
MBBR Biofilm carriers establish high-density bacteria within protected cell technology
|Chemical Characterization||: Propitiatory|
|Form||: 1/2 “Circle with three inside cross and external fins|
|Bio Surface||: 950 m²/ m³|
Melting range – 100 – 140
: (23°C) app. 0.91 – 0.97
||: not applicable||mbar|
: not applicable
Solubility in water
: (23°C) insoluble
||: not applicable||
||: not applicable||°C|
: app. 350
||°C||ASTM D 1929|
||: Lower/Upper: Not applicable|
||: app. 280 – 300 °C|
||: Non-hazardous good|
Technical Protective Measures
||: No special measures necessarily. Handle accordance with good industrial and safety practice|
||: Harmless to health if handled in correct manner|
||: Harmless to the environment|
DESCRIPTION OF WWTP RUNNING WITH MBBR PROCESS
AQUA SMART® system in action video AQUA SMART® bio media video
What IS AQUA SMART® MBBR SYSTEM ?
AQUA SMART® is a compact WWTP that produces a very high quality effluent water suitable to use in field irrigation, industrial use, wash-water, flush water, industry etc. The prefabricated AQUA SMART® MBBR compact systems are completely autonomous and provide a very high level of treatment.
THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF AQUA SMART® SYSTEM
- Flexible design 25 – 400 m3/day in Single Containers
- Meet any capacity or effluent requirements.
- No additional Shelters needed
- Can be Built or Transported in Standard ISO Freight Containers
- Very compact and occupy very less space than other plants.
- Less maintenance , low capital & operating cost benifits
- Simple assembly and can be operated by casual operators
- The system is prefabricated and can be mounted in Standard ISO containers
- Easily transported to any location unlike other conventional treatment plants
- Enhancing the Bacteria population is not needed.
- Easy start up , with full automatic operation
- Easy to operate one central control panel fort the whole plant.
- Clogg free ,20 years guaranteed biomass media is provided
- No Odor .
- Low energy requirement
AQUA SMART® ’S MAIN EQUIPEMENTS LIST
- Main Bio Reactor steel Tank with 3 chambers and coated with heavy duty anticorrosion epoxy paint.
- BIOMEDIA 950 m²/m³ surface area
- Coarse bubble air distribution systems (Diffusers) with valves, coarse air, No clogging.
- Non-Return valves (Check valves)
- Necessary Cables & Accessories
- Rotary Displacement air Blower.
- Submersible Feed Pump.
- Displacement Sludge / Recycling Pump.
- Automatic Liquid-Solid separator (sludge hickener)
- Dosing pump
- Necessary PVC Piping & valves
- Electric Motor Control Panel.
- The Bio reactor tanks
- The Bio Media
- The Belt Press
- The PLC Program
The AQUA SMART® MBBR tanks are unique in their design, though they are fully covered, the carbon dioxide gas’ build up in the tank is prevented, a double purpose perforated steel strip is fitted on the tank’s roof to serve as a walk way and as a carbon dioxide relief opening. The remaining part of the tank’s roof is covered by 1.2 mm thick steel sheets 750mmx 950 mm in size hinged to the tank’s body and can be lifted separately for spot inspection.
- AQUA SMART® BIOMEDIA secures 10 Times Loading in 20% of the Hydraulic Retention Time required .
- AQUA SMART® BIOMEDIA secures 950 m2/m3 Surface Area inside the System
- AQUA SMART® MEDIA offers Clog Free and Self Cleaning operation
- Bio Film Grows on the AQUA SMART® Mediaand Offers Sheltered & Robust Operation
- No Backwash Required,
- Mess Free Operationwith minimumservicerequirements
Our tank is divided into three separated chambers , the amount of BIO MEDIA added to each chamber is calculated and introduced accordingly ,the waste water’s BOD values are gradually reduced as the waste water passes from one chamber to the next , a BOD value of 20 mg/L is always attainable by this process, BOD values of 10 mg/ L or even less are also achieved by circulating back part of the effluent water to the tank’s first chamber .
To dewater the sludge we always use belt press instead of filter press or decanter. In countries where energy is scarce the belt press is a must since it consumes much less electricity than the decanter , as far as the filter press is concerned though it is cheaper as an investment ,it coasts double in manpower since it is manually operated ,thus on the long run the most economical dewatering system is the Belt Press.